Chelsea, Michigan is a thriving community with plenty of shopping, dining, entertainment and local activities. If you plan to visit Chelsea, please contact the Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce and we can provide you with an informative package customized to your interests.
These links will also provide useful information for any one interested in visiting our area:
- How to Get Here
- On going events and activities in Chelsea and the surrounding areas:
You may also want to Search the Chamber of Commerce Member List to find merchants, hotels, bed & breakfasts, restaurants, services and more!
2012 Community Calendar
- Jimmy John's Customer Appreciation Day
is Thursday, February 9th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1149 S Main St, Any 8" Sub (sandwiches 1-6) are $1.00 Offer good for in store purchase only Limit 1 sandwich per person phone number is 734-433-4300
- Arctic Coliseum Michigan Public High School Hockey Showcase - Tues. Feb. 7 thru Sun. Feb. 12
For more info. 734-433-4444
- Chelsea Education Foundation - Sat. Feb. 11 6 p.m. Fundraising Gala at Chelsea Comfort Inn & Village Conference Center, Dinner, Dancing, Silent & Live Auctions. For more info: CEFInformation@gmail.com
- March 11th Waterloo Maple Festival 2 locations. Eddy Discovery Center & Sandhill Crane Vineyards
- March 28th Chelse High School Company C Show Choir 3rd annual fundraiser form 5-9pm at Breakaway Restaurant. There will also be a silent auction to further support the group
- Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt at United Methodist Retirement Center Sat Apr 7 pictures with the Easter Bunny at 9:45am hunt begins at 10am
- Chelsea Spring Expo - Sat. Apr. 14 at Chelsea High School. Sponsored by the Chelsea Senior Center
- Fundraiser for Sounds & Sights on Thursday Nights Spring Wine Show – Mon. April 16 at at Common Grill
- Youth Dance Theatre of Michigan presents SWAN LAKE- April 21 at 7 p.m., April 22 at 2 p.m. at CHS Audit.
- CAHS Annual Dinner Address - Sat. Apr. 28 at Silver Maples. Chelsea area Historical Society.
6:30 p.m. Wine and appetizers, Dinner will be served at 7:00 pm.
Silent Auction items. Tickets are $40 for members and $50 for non-members. They may be purchased at the CAHS Museum on Saturdays (11-3) and throughout the week at Chelsea Antique Mall or Chelsea Pharmacy.
- Sculpture Walk Chelsea - Ongoing outdoor art exhibit in many downtown locations.
Walking Maps available at City Offices, Chelsea Chamber office, River Gallery (Program Coordinator 433-0826) and many other locations. Online brochures available City of Chelsea website.
- Chelsea Farmers Market Saturday mornings May - Oct
- Heart & Sole Race - Sat. May 5, Bike Race start 8:15 am, Run / Walk start 9:30 am.
This 23rd annual race sponsored by the Chelsea Community Hospital. CCH has pledged to donate 100% of the race proceeds to Chelsea Grace Clinic.
- Bushel Basket Farm Market Wednesdays beginning May 9th at Chelsea Community Fair Grounds 2:30 pm - 6 pm thru Oct 24th closed July 4th and Aug 22nd.
- Chelsea Garden Club Annual Plant sale - Sat May 12th starting at 8am at Palmer parking lot
- CCH Spring Auction - Sat. May 12
at the UA 190 – IBEW 252 Hall, 7920 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor. This year's event Chairs are Johnny and Cindy Mitchell; Co-Chairs are Randy Hermann and Jona Gill, MD.
- Chelsea Post Office "Stamp Out Hunger" Annual Food Drive Sat May 12.
- Unique Craft & Vendor Show - Sat., May 12, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., at the Village Conference Center (located at the Comfort Inn), Chelsea, MI. Admission $2. Featuring a variety of hand-crafted items and vendors including Scentsy, Stella & Dot, Tupperware, Mary Kay, Thirty-One,C&G Accessories, DAK Designs, Cinnamon Nuts. hand-crafted yard art. Bring your old gold or silver jewelry or coins - Midwest Gold Buyers at our event.
For more info,
contact Little Shoppe Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit website littleshoppeevents.com .
- CCA Spring Breakfast - Thurs. May 17 8 a.m. at Silver Maples
- Chelsea Invitational Craft Show & Live Green Show - Sat. May 19 Begins 9 a.m.at Chelsea Fairgrounds
- American Cancer Society 2012 Relay For Life of Chelsea MI - Sat. May 19-Sun. May 20 from 10:00am-10:00am at Pierce Lake Elementary School
- Youth Dance Theatre's BIG EVENT - a giant rummage, plant and bake sale, held Memorial Day Weekend! Rain-or-shine sale dates are Friday, May 25 from 8am - 4pm and Saturday, May 26 from 8am - 2pm at the Washington Street Education Center cafeteria, 512 E. Washington St., Chelsea, MI for more info click here
- Memorial Day Parade 10am on Monday May28th lines up at Muncipal Parking Lot #5
- Chelsea Garden Club will hold their Garden Walk on Sat. June 2 from 10 am to 4 pm. For more info. call The Garden Mill 475- 3539
- Chelsea Painters Art Fair - Sat-Sun, June 2 & 3 at the courtyard of Silver Maples of Chelsea from 10am–5pm
- Waterloo Farm Museum Wetplate Weekend (19th Century Portrait Studio Re-enactors) - Sat-Sun June 2 & 3
- Sounds & Sights on Thurs. nights beginning Thurs. June 7 and running until Aug. 16 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m downtown Chelsea
- Chelsea Senior Center will host a Bridge Tournament 8am - 5pm June 9th cost $45 download an entry form here
- Craft & Vendor Show - Sun., June 10, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., at Weber's Inn, 3050 Jackson Rd., Ann Arbor, MI.
Admission $3. Featuring a variety of hand-crafted items and vendors including
Stella and Dot, Scentsy, Velata, Mary Kay, Perfectly Posh, Jamberry Nails, Slumber Parties by Jen, Pampered Chef, Braggin' Rights Bath & Spa, Doterra Essential Oils,etc. For more info,
contact Little Shoppe Events at email@example.com or visit website littleshoppeevents.com .
- Chelsea Senior Center "One Room Schoolhouse Picnic" Saturday, June 16 at noon
RSVP Chelsea Senior Center at 743-475-9242. Bring a dish to pass, a chair and a friend or two.
- Festival of Food: Local Fare with a Creative Flair Saturday, June 23 Cost $20 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Call Chelsea Senior Center for more information475-9242 or go to www.chelseaseniors.org
- 50th Anniversary of Waterloo Area Historical Society on Sat. July 7 from
Noon to 4pm. Games, prizes, food and entertainment.
- Chelsea Senior Center Golf Outing Tuesday, July 17 Cost $70 at Reddeman Farms
- Waterloo Farm Museum Blacksmith/Soldiers and Log Cabin Weekend – Sat-Sun June 23 & 24
- Sounds & Sights Festival - Thurs. July 26 thru Sat. July 28
- Summer Bazaar Chelsea Antiques 407 N Main St July 27 & 28 from 10am to 5pm Featuring Frank Modafferi singing all the "Oldies, but Goodies". Also performing Elena Brown singing her favorites.
- Chelsea-based Youth Dance Theatre (YDT) and guest performers will present an evening of dance Friday, August 10 at 7 p.m. at the Washington Street Education Center Auditorium to benefit Austin Nichols.
- Waterloo Farm Museum Antique Tractor and Farm Equipment Show - Sat-Sun Aug 11 & 12
Golf Classic - Mon. Aug. 13 at the Polo Fields Golf & Country Club in Ann Arbor
- YDT will hold auditions for the upcoming season on Sunday, August 19, 2012 at the Dance Arts of Chelsea Studios at Chelsea’s Washington Street Education Center. Registration begins at 1 p.m. Artistic Director Wendi DuBois invites ballet dancers aged 8-18 to audition for junior, senior and pre-professional positions in the company. Fee: $20. Performance season includes a December Nutcracker and Spring show (TBA); master classes, community outreach and other opportunities are available. For additional information visit www.youthdancetheatre.org or call 734-475-3070.
- Aug 21 (Tues) 9 a.m. Ribbon Cutting at the new Chelsea Police Station (corner Main St. & Orchard St.)
- Chelsea Community Fair Tues Aug 21 thru Sat Aug 25
- Chelsea Community Fair Parade Sat Aug 25 1pm from East Middle St. to the Fairgrounds
- Sept. 8 (Sat.) State of Mich Special Olympics Cycling Finals at Chrysler Proving Grounds, S. M-52, Chelsea
- Sept. 19 (Wed.) – 5 - 9 pm. CHS Marching Band Exhibition at CHS Football Stadium featuring Western Michigan University Bronco Marching Band
- (EVENT Cancelled until further notice) CAHS Historic Home Tour - Sat. Sept. 22 Chelsea Area Historical Society
- Paint Chelsea Pink - Sat. Sept. 29 sponsored by Chelsea Area Fire Authority. More details to come
- Oct. 6 (Sat.) - 12 - 6 p.m. Bake Sale Chelsea Area Historical Society will be holding a bake sale at the CAHS Museum, East Old U.S. 12 next to Thompson's Pizzeria, in conjunction with the Sandhill Cranes Gather celebration. A variety of homemade baked goods, such as cakes, pies, cookies, and fudge, will be available for purchase. Additionally, craft booths, food vendors, and other activities will be taking place on the Museum grounds.
- Oct. 8 (Mon.) -
7 p.m. MI Historic Barns & Farmsteads. Chelsea Area Historical Society. Do you have an interest in old barns and farms? Llike to help preserve our rural heritage? Then join the CAHS at the Chelsea Depot for a presentation on the Michigan Barn & Farmstead Survey. Enjoy a slideshow of area historic farmsteads and learn about the survey program and how you can volunteer. Janet Ogle-Mater will present.
- Waterloo Farm Museum Pioneer Day – Sun. Oct. 14
- Sat. Oct. 20 - 7th Annual Craft Show & Bake Sale sponsored by Ladies of St. Mary's Chelsea. From 10 am to 3 pm at St. Mary Church. Adult Admission (18 & over) $2.00. For more info: stmarychelsea.org
- Chelsea Trick or Treating - Wed. Oct. 31 (time 4 - 6 pm - see: City of Chelsea offices)
- Wine, Women, & Shopping Sat. Nov 10th
- Nov. 13 (Tues.) - Chelsea: then & Now from 7 - 9 p.m. Chelsea Area Historical Society.
CAHS member, Cary Church, conducts a two-hour seminar on Chelsea’s 100-year-old buildings. The discussion will focus on the historical facts, data, and occupancy of the buildings, the changes over the years, and present a number of old photos. Registration is required at Chelsea Community Education. Call 433-2208.
- Thanksgiving Feast Community Celebration Friday, November 16 at noon Cost: $5 suggested donation Time to reflect and to give thanks! Join other seniors for friendship, a traditional Thanksgiving feast, and musical entertainment. Enjoy performances from our very own Senior Center Barbershop Quartet followed by Friends in Song. Be sure to thank our sponsors, the Cole family and the Chelsea School District for their support of the community and the Center. Call 475-9242 to reserve your space for this annual community gathering.
- Waterloo Farm Museum Christmas on the Farm – Sat-Sun. Dec. 1 & 2
- Youth Dance Theater presents "The Nut Cracker Ballet"performances are held at Chelsea High School Auditorium, 740 N Freer Rd., on December 7 at 7pm, December 8 at 2pm and 7pm, and December 9 at 2pm. A sparkling Sugar Plum Tea, with delicious treats and visits from costumed cast members, is offered Sunday, December 9 at 12:30pm. Tickets: Adults $15, Students/Seniors $10. Tea tickets: $10. For tickets and information visit www.youthdancetheatre.org or call 734-475-3070.
- Dec 7th Friday "A Night of Food and Fun"
Join us for dueling piano performances topped off with appetizers and a buffet style dinner by Wesley's Catering. It's a full night of good food and great entertainment! Dueling Pianos features two talented piano entertainers playing your favorite songs coupled with an interactive experience you won't forget! Reserve your tickets now $40 individual or $75 per couple. Call for reservations 734 646-0858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Gala - Sat. Dec. 8 at The Polo Fields Golf & Country Club in Ann Arbor
- Christmas Feast Community Celebration Friday, December 21 at noon Cost: $5 suggested donation Celebrate the season with other seniors! Enjoy a delicious holiday meal, friendship, and a Christmas carol sing along led by Angelo Angelocci and Jack Merkel. This event is sponsored by the Mitchell family and the Chelsea School District. Call 475-9242 to reserve your space for this annual community gathering.