Chelsea, Michigan is a thriving community with plenty of shopping, dining, entertainment and local activities. If you plan to visit Chelsea, please contact the Chelsea Area Chamber of Commerce and we can provide you with an informative package customized to your interests.
These links will also provide useful information for any one interested in visiting our area:
- How to Get Here
- On going events and activities in Chelsea and the surrounding areas:
You may also want to Search the Chamber of Commerce Member List to find merchants, hotels, bed & breakfasts, restaurants, services and more!
2013 Community Calendar
- Feb 7th Epicurean Traveler Village Conference Center 6:30pm (festival of Mardi Gras)
- Mar 9th "Big 400" Pancake Breakfast & Maple Syrup Festival
- April 13th Chelsea Spring Expo at Washington St. Educ Center sponsored by Chelsea Senior Center
- May 4 & 5th Chelsea Home Show at Chelsea Fairgrounds
- May 4 & 5th Chelsea Fine Arts and Craft Fair also at Chelsea Fairgrounds
- May 11th Chelsea Garden Club Annual flower & plant sale 8:30am to noon downtown Chelsea
- Jul 18th
The free car seat safety checks are performed by certified child passenger safety technicians and are available from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. Please reserve your time slot. Times are available every 30 minutes.
In addition to the safety checks there will be Pizza and activities for the kids. Chelsea Lanes will provide a bowling for prizes game, local youth will be offering face painting, Cottage Inn is providing pizza.
The checks will be held at Village Motor Sales on July 18th, 3-7 p.m. at 1185 S. Main St. Chelsea MI 48118. 734-475-8661 call to reserve your time.
- Thursdays Jun 6th thru Aug 15th 6pm Sounds and Sights on Thursday Nights
- The Chelsea Painters 40th Annual Art Fair will be held Saturday, June1st and Sunday, June 2nd, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the courtyard of Silver Maples of Chelsea, 100 Silver Maples Dr., Chelsea, MI.
- Jul 25th, 26th & 27th Sounds & Sights Festival
- Aug 3rd 2nd Annual BBQ Fundraiser at Purple Rose Theatre begins at 5pm call (734) 433-7782x14 for tickets
- Aug 20th - Aug 24th Chelsea Community Fair
- Aug 24th Chelsea Fair Parade 1pm from Main & Middle Sts. to Chelsea Fairgrounds
- Sept 7th (Sat) Special Olympics State Cycling competition at Chrysler Proving Grounds
- Sept 7th (Sat.) - 5 Healthy Towns Community Read MOVE MORE program. kick off event at Grass Lake Heritage Days. Community Read book "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, pick up at Library or many other spots in town. READ IT and PASS IT ON. Community Read programs continue through Nov. 7th with a finale at Chelsea Alehouse Brewery ("Smarty Pants Trivia Smackdown" from 7:30 - 9 pm - A Walk in the Woods trivia)
- Sept 28th (Sat) Ghoultide Gathering "A Magical Bazaar of Halloween Art" at Chelsea Fair grounds10 am-4 pm $5 admission. Kids under 10 free (No Strollers) www.GhoultideGathering.com
- Oct 5 (Sat) - Chelsea Area Walk to End Alzheimer's, Registration: 8 AM, Walk: 9 AM, Register at act.alz.org/chelseaarea
- Oct 6 (Sun)-Oct. 7 (Mon) – Mill Lake Project/ Mich. Tourism Cares group
- Oct 9 (Wed) – Candidate Forum for Chelsea City Council candidates. 7-9pm Library
- Oct 13 (Sun) - Everybody CAN Move More event at St. Louis Center 2 - 4:30 pm
- Oct 17th (Thurs) Citizen of the Year & Lifetime Achievement Awards Banquet 6:30pm at Village Conference Center $35.00 call 734 475-1145 to reserve your ticket. Co-sponsors: Chelsea Chamber & Chelsea Standard
Citizen of the Year BURRILL STRONG, Photographer
Lifetime Achievement FATHER JOSEPH RINALDO of St. Louis Center
- Nov. 9th (Sat.) Wine Women & Shopping from 10 am to 6 pm. Look for participating Chelsea Businesses and restaurants with the Red & White Balloons.
- Dec 5th Gingerbread Display drop off
- Dec 6th, 7th, 8th Hometown Holiday Celebration
- Dec 7th Light Parade 6pm begins at Chelsea State Bank ends at Teddy Bear Factory