Information for Residents
Newcomers Welcome Service
Newcomers Welcome Service provides
a free packet containing a wealth of information for new residents
in the Chelsea School District. Please contact Newcomers Welcome Service at (734) 995-2200
or visit www.newcomersws.com
Water / Power
Gas and Electric
- DTE: (800) 477-4747 (Chelsea
- DPW: (734) 475-7464 (City of Chelsea residents)
(800) 477-5050 (City of Chelsea residents)
Fire and Police
For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergencies, the contact information
Trash and Recycling
- TRASH PICK UP: City of Chelsea orange trash bags may
be purchased at the City Office (305 S. Main Street), Chelsea Farmers Supply
(downtown), Chelsea Pharmacy, or ACO Hardware at a cost of $2.50 per bag.
Place trash in these orange bags on curbside Tuesdays before 7:00 a.m.
- TRASH PICK UP for OUTLYING TOWNSHIPS:
Superior Waste 810-227-1298 (Brighton phone )
Waste Management 800-796-9696 (Whitmore Lake phone)
- RECYCLING: Recycling is provided by Western Washtenaw
Recycling Authority (734) 475-6160 Chelsea City residents receive curbside
pickup on Wednesday. Recycling containers are available thorough the
Authority and should be placed on the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
- OTHER ITEMS: The City
of Chelsea Transfer Station is located at 8027 Werkner Rd.. The
Transfer Station accepts items (for a fee) that are not covered
by the trash and recycling pickup. They are open Wednesday, Thursday and
Friday from 9 to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
For more information, see "Reusing
and Recycling in Chelsea, Michigan"
- United States Postal Service
1101 S. Main Street (as of Sept. 2009)
Chelsea, MI 48118
- Lobby Hours: Mon - Fri - 8 am - 6 pm, Sat - 9 am - 2 pm, Sun - CLOSED
- Drop boxes: 2 in Parking Lot - S. Main location - Pick up 1pm & 5 pm (Mon - Fri) 1 pm & 3 pm (Sat)
2 in downtown location - South St. - Pick up at 1 pm only
2 near Chelsea State Bank - W. Old U.S. 12 - Pick up at 1 pm only
Secretary of State Branch Office
- Michigan Secretary of State
- Chelsea location:
1113 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
Hours: Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri. - 9 til 5 & Wed. 11 til 7
- There are certain holidays they are closed, see website above
Search the CACC member database for:
School District and Education
Community Education - Offers adult education, early childhood programming,
enrichment classes, swimming lessons, and facility
- Adult Learners Institute -
a diverse selection of community-based learning experiences for adults
in western Washtenaw County.
- Technical Education - The South and West
Washtenaw Consortium provides technical instruction and arranges apprenticeships,
internships, and workplace-based experience for students at various high
schools in Washtenaw County.
- Washtenaw Intermediate
School District - Together with local school districts,
the Washtenaw Intermediate School District coordinates and delivers
services and programs designed to improve education in Washtenaw county.
Colleges and Universities in and around Chelsea