- Search our member list for grocery stores, restaurants, specialty gifts, hardware, garden supplies, storage units, etc.
- See a local map of the Chelsea area
- Learn more about things going on around town
Chelsea's Community Calendar
The official community website for Chelsea, Michigan can be found at chelseamich.com. This site features the city's community calendar, visitor guides, and resident resources. The Chelsea Chamber of Commerce is proud to be a key supporter and fiduciary for the chelseamich.com initiatives to market Chelsea as a great place to live, work, and visit.
Newcomers Welcome Packet
New to Chelsea? The Chelsea Chamber of Commerce would be happy to put together a Welcome Packet containing a wealth of information for new residents in the Chelsea School District. Please contact us (734) 475-1145.
Water / Power
- City of Chelsea: (734) 475-1771
Gas and Electric
- DTE: (800) 477-4747 (Chelsea area townships)
- Dept. of Public Works (734) 475-7464 (City of Chelsea residents)
- Consumers Energy: (800) 477-5050 (City of Chelsea residents)
- Comcast (Cable) - (800) 684-4600
- Frontier Communications - (855) 787-8118
- SBC (DSL) Home Sales - (800) 244-4444
- SBC Small Business - (800) 660-3000
- Spectrum (Cable) - (844) 859-5269
Fire and Police
For emergencies, call 911. For non-emergencies, the contact information is below:
- Chelsea Area Fire Authority - (734) 475-8755
- Chelsea Police Department - (734) 475-1771, option 3
- Washtenaw County Sheriff - (734) 971-8400
- Michigan State Police - (517) 332-2521
Trash and Recycling
- TRASH PICK UP: City of Chelsea orange trash bags may be purchased at the City Office (305 S. Main Street), Chelsea Farmers Supply (downtown), Chelsea Pharmacy, or ACO Hardware at a cost of $2.50 per bag. Place trash in these orange bags on curbside Tuesdays before 7:00 a.m. for pickup.
- TRASH PICK UP for OUTLYING TOWNSHIPS:
Superior Waste: 810-227-1298 (Brighton phone)
Waste Management: 800-796-9696 (Whitmore Lake phone)
- RECYCLING: Recycling is provided by Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority (734) 475-6160 Chelsea City residents receive curbside pickup on Wednesday. Recycling containers are available thorough the Authority and should be placed on the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
- OTHER ITEMS: The City of Chelsea Transfer Station is located at 8027 Werkner Rd.. The Transfer Station accepts items (for a fee) that are not covered by the trash and recycling pickup. They are open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Chelsea Guardian - Chelsea's weekly local newspaper
- ChelseaUpdate.com - Chelsea's daily local news online
- The Sun Times News - weekly newspaper for Grass Lake, Chelsea, and surrounding areas
- MLive - Ann Arbor area newspaper - (734) 994-6700
- Detroit Free Press - Major newspaper for SE Michigan (313) 222-6400
- Detroit News - Major newspaper for Detroit and SE Michigan (800) 395-3300
- United States Postal Service
1101 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
(800) 275-8777 or (734) 475-8483
Lobby Hours: Mon - Fri - 8 am - 6 pm, Sat - 9 am - 2 pm, Sun - CLOSED
Drop boxes: 2 in Parking Lot - S. Main location - Pick up 1pm & 5 pm (Mon - Fri) 1 pm & 3 pm (Sat)
2 in downtown location - South St. - Pick up at 1 pm only
2 near Chelsea State Bank - W. Old U.S. 12 - Pick up at 1 pm only
Secretary of State Branch Office
- Michigan Secretary of State
1113 S. Main St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
See website for hours and holiday closings.
- Chelsea School District and Education
- Chelsea Community Education - Offers adult education, early childhood programming, enrichment classes, swimming lessons, and facility scheduling.
- Adult Learners Institute - ALI provides a diverse selection of community-based learning experiences for adults in western Washtenaw County.
- Technical Education - The South and West Washtenaw Consortium provides technical instruction and arranges apprenticeships, internships, and workplace-based experience for students at various high schools in Washtenaw County.
- Washtenaw Intermediate School District - Together with local school districts, the Washtenaw Intermediate School District coordinates and delivers services and programs designed to improve education in Washtenaw county. (734) 994-8100