Shop Local, Buy Local, Think Local, Act Local
Business Booster memberships are for members of the community who are not business owners, but are looking for a way to support local businesses as well as the community-wide efforts of the Chelsea Chamber.
What do I get for my annual membership fee?
- Listing (name only) online and in the Chelsea Chamber Community Profile/Business Directory
- Bi-weekly communications from the Chamber about Chamber and community events. Be “IN THE LOOP” !!
- Special coupons via the e-newsletter
- Access to attend most Chamber events
Why would I want/need to support the Chelsea Chamber?
The Chamber has a unique place in this community. We are an advocate for our member businesses, but have a larger role in supporting the promotion of Chelsea as a great place to live, work, and recreate.
What are some of the Chamber’s community-wide efforts?
In addition to the Chelsea Chamber’s support and promotion of member businesses, the Chamber has been integral in several community-wide efforts:
- Establishment of www.chelseamich.com
- Leading the Gateway Communities Initiative, now called The Big 400 (efforts to maximize the Waterloo/Pinckney Recreation Area as an economic development strategy for the community)
- Steering committee member and Co-Chair of the Sounds and Sights on Thursday Nights
- Sounds and Sights Festival
- Chair of Hometown Holidays
- Chelsea Community Fair Parade
- Hosting regular candidate forums as elections arise
What else does the Chamber do for Chelsea?
The Chamber also supports and promotes other programs around town. Wine, Women, & Shopping, Chocolate Extravaganza and the Sandhill Crane Sculptures are some current events that were not initiated by the Chamber, but were promoted in the Chamber news publications and on the Chamber website, www.chelseamichamber.org.
The Chamber staff also works with regional publications on articles written about Chelsea, and works with other area organizations, including other area Chambers and the Washtenaw County Convention and Visitors Bureaus to continue to promote the entire City of Chelsea and all of its virtues as a great community.